Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Palace

Much of the day is spent travelling on a 12 hours train ride from Vienna to Venice. We were lucky to get the wholecabin to ourselves. Managed to sleep comfortably throughout the journey. The most sleep that I had in these few days. Ironic.

Earlier today, we went to the Schoburnn Palace. Took a tour around the palace museum. Was bored to death at the exhibits. The life of the royal family is really complicated. Lifetsyle of the olden days rich n famous i guess. After hearing the story of Franz Joseph, I cannot help but feel sorry for him. No matter how hard the tried it seemed to me that Sisi never really return that affection he gave.


The visit around the palace ground was however pretty interestin. Enjoyed the really beautiful palace surroundings. Went for an apple struddle show too. Nothing much just those cooking show that my mom wtahc on TV everytime. The maze was my favouite attraction, even if I am the one that got lost tryin' to get to the platform. Guess my gut instinct is not that good after all. We get a really spectacular view of the City of Vienna from the Gloriette too.


That rounded up my Vienna trip. I would definitely wanna come back here again someday especially to the attic room that I have to stare at the wonderful sky once again.

No comments: