Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Insecurity

I felt really out of place in Montreal. It was my first time in a land where i couldn't understand the main language. I think people here uses french as their first language. Even the signs and megazines are in French. Subways announcement in French too. I could hardly find English words. SOmeone help! Ok enough of complainin.

We went to the suburbs today. First stop was the Olympique Park where the 1976 olympics were held. Checked out the world's highest inclined tower too.


Next up was the St. Joseph Basilica. It was pretty impressive. Super huge church built up high in the hill. We need to climb 102 steps of stairs just to reach the main entrance. Yes, I counted!
The church was really impressive the architechure, thousands of candles lit up and tons of escalators inside!


They even have the way of the cross garden with all 14 sculptures complete. The view from the top was magnificient! I wish i could see the sunset here.


Santa Kit left later the day. Its now me, anjuma and haimoni left. Friends I'm so gonna miss you all!

No comments: