Monday, May 21, 2007

The Maze Surrounded by Canals

Arrived in Venice after a pretty long train ride. Venice is a maze! Its super duper easy to get trapped and lost with the dead ends being the smelly canals. Yucks. After a long search for our hotel, we arrived there but it was still too early to check in. So we explored around again without a map. Paths here are narrow, they are comparable to the Fan Tan Alley in Victoria. I dunno how a 20o pound person can walk pass these alleys.


The initially quite and peaceful street began to change as we reached the Rialto Bridge. I could hardly even walk. Almost everyone here is armed with a camera. I wonder whether on ly the shopkeepers are locals. Masquerade, lots and lots of mask there too. I wanna join in the celebration. Too bad that it is in February.


A visit to Piazza San Macro reminded we of the crow in Singapore. Way too many birds around here. The difference here is they are welcomed and tourists enjoyed feeding them. I did not try that but all my travel mates did. I dun wanna scratches and bird shits on me. Haha. I luv the feel at the square, full of nice buildings and acitvities.


As the night falls, we walked around the city to check out the night scene only to find us sitting around the canal. Ended up the night with a pubbing session tryin out the local specialty drink Spritzze. Off to sleep now. Our hotel is like a castle. But we need to move tomolo. Prayin for it t be good.


Here is my favourite shot. No, its not becos my face is not inside. Idiot! Its the effect. Looks like I'm really jumping in the canal right?

No comments: