Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Day When The Red Meets The Blues

I decided on this trip spontaneusly. I was never a fan of soccer ever since young. No matter how interested and good my dad is at this sport, the gene was never in me. This decision to visit two stadiums in a day is a pre-Father's Day tribute to my dad.

Set off early mornin to Manchester to sportcity. The new home to Manchester City FC. The gloomy sky did not affect my visit as I was super impressed but the huge stadium that sits 47500 people. There is only 4 people in the tour which makes it more exclusive!


We checked out many areas like the players' tunnel, dressing room, press room, and director boxes. By the way their dressing room is pretty normal, nothing luxurious. Just plain and simple. I like the colour so much. Its just pleasant to the eye. Luv the chair esspecially, they are cushioned. Yes its obviously cost more to sit at those chair. Duh!


I must say that what is most impressive is standing near the pitch. Imagine thousands of people looking at you when you play. The feeling is overwhelming. When we ended out trip, it started to rain. I was pretty lucky to hitch a ride from this other lady who joined the tour.


When i reached Old Tratford,home of my dad's favourite team, Manchester United FC, I couldn't helpbut notice how different it is. Everything is so posh as compared to the simple yet nice MCFC. Guess that's what happen when u get rich and famous. Stupid budweiser was having a competition there so there is no tour inside the stadium. Sigh I never get to see jacuzzi in dressing room. Argh.


Walked around their megastore to get a gift for my dad. Settled for something small as they price of things there are nuts. I hesitated bout going into the musem and stadium as I cannot see the interior but when in the end. I'm glad that I went it. The museum is like 5 times bigger than the on in sportcity!


The stadium was less stuning though. I guess its becos it is much older. I get to watch the competition on the pitch before rushing off to catch my coach to London. Dad, I hope someday we could watch the devils play at Old tratford!

No comments: