Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Hectic Day

Second day in Vienna was pretty hectic. Refused to wake up no matter how hard Ian tried to wake me up. I have yet to sleep on such a nice bed ever since I arrived in Europe. Furthermore, its pitch black once you’ve drawn up the shades on the window. Ok I admit I am lazy. He he.


We went walking around the inner ring of the town as that is where most of the attractions are.

The garden round the Hofburg Palace was pretty nice. Loved the greek lookin structure and the colourful flowers there.


We watch a couple of busking acts are we walked along the main street of which name I could not remember anymore. It was near the super duper old and gothic cathedral named Stephen’s Dom which has yet to be completed till now ever since it was built. I know understand why anjuma said that the cathedral in Montreal was pretty calm and nice. It felt like a marketplace here. Haiz. Talk about tourist commercialization.


Also checked out the Hunderwassehausse. Nothing spectacular just a really colourful unique block of flat. Go here only if you have time to spare as it is slightly far from the city.We headed off to another faraway place in Vienna. The theme park. Think it was named Plater. I cannot really remember haha. Would love to take the rides but it was way too expensive. Settled for one only.


Next up was what everybody will always do when they go Vienna. Yup the Orchestral and the Opera. Got a little bonus as they added in ballet performance too. We did not get a grand concert hall. Its pretty small but the MC was really good. I must admit that he brought life to the show. Despite the great performance put up but the musicians, I a now convinced that I have no Strauss or Beethoven inside of me. I cannot seem to enjoy classical music. Knocks head.


Rounded up the night by taking photos of the night scene.


I am still starrin at the sky with the same bright shinnin star on top of me. I’m so gonna miss this view.

No comments: