Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Lessons

Nothing much was done today except for rushin around. I was runin round London underground like an idiot tryin to catch my flight. I was lucky however, to be able to get the next one out 30 minutes thereafter. Lesson no 1: Be early for coach to airport else you will miss it. Worse still scampering around underground looking like a mad man is not cool at all

After reaching the airport, I realized that there is a long queue. They mentioned that the check in counter will be closed 40 minutes prior to departure, but at 30 minutes, the queue still looks like a caterpillar. People start to panic and cut queue. I waited in line like a good old boy and ended up to be the last one to check in. Lesson no2 : Cut queue when everybody else does. You dun wanna run like a mad cow to the gate!

At the rate that I am going I will surely miss my flight, Its only 10 minutes to the flight time. As I run towards the gate, I faced a roadblock. By what you’ll ask. Well none other than another train to take me to the gate. As I get off the train, it was already 5 minutes to flight time. I have a choice to run or to give up. Being me I did a dash all the way to the gate. Phew, manage to reach there on time. But wait, why is there a long queue again? Delay! Argh! Lesson no. 3: Keep your composure, stay calm, the flight will wait. ( I do not bear any liability if you miss your flight due to this statement. He he)

Just in case you are curious I took Easy Jet from London Stansted airport.

No comments: