Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Last Few Weekends

Could hardly believe that my exchange is coming to an end so soon. I am so gonna miss this life. Carefree and simple. Knowing that there is not much time left, we decided to goout a little more. Hehe. Furthermore, the weather was quite nice during the weekend.

Well, to mark the start of the long weekend, Iwent to church. Well its Good Friday. Gotta go anyway. This is the first time I went for a service since the day I arrived in Calgary. Ooops. The church is pretty small but nice. The way they do the service was pretty casual too. Only 2 guitars and 3 ppl at the choir. No knights of the alter. Just the priest. First time i see this. But i like it that way, as we go church not to marvel at the choir or settings.


The next day was spend at the tallest spot in Calgary. Yup you guessed it right. Went to the Calgary Tower. Almost missed out on the hidden gem. The view up there was spectacular. The best part is still the glass floor. Hehe. Damn scary to look down. Found bx's weak point finally. *Grin*. Here are the view from the top.


3 of us having fun at the glass floor.


As it was a one day admission, we decided to see the sunset too. However, it was 4 hours before sunset. Well it spring time. Sun does not set until like 7.30 pm. Hence we went to Kensington our favourite coffee hangout. Hehe.


Finally back to the tower right before sunset. However, we did not get a goodview of it. Damn. There is a freakin tall building that stood erected right in from of the sun. Argh! What a 'smart' way to plan the town ho. They call Calgary Tower the tallest tourist tower in the world. Now tear that building down!!!

We sat there chattin till its night. The night sure make people reminisce. I wonder and wonder how's things gonna be after this exchange. It seems like I am in paradise. Well at least i got my share of paradise.


Sunday was spent walking around the park and eatin at the drive in. Guess that winds up my weekend. Two more weekends to go before I leave behind this place that I really wanna make my home.

No comments: