Friday, December 12, 2008

The Longest Transit Ever

Alright I should be super happy now, judging from the fact that I am gonna be going to LA for Christmas. But why am I worrying instead of my flight there? Well, maybe I do have a good reason to worry. First of all the transit at Shanghai is gonna be like 9 hours long. Secondly, I have just read up on reviews on China Eastern Airlines and found out all sorts of complains from the passengers. But what can I do? A poor man has to fly the cheap way.

So I am really thankful that Mixue came along to have dinner and sent me off that night. My flight was at midnight and she stayed with me in the check-in queue till her last train leaves. Thanks so much, my dear friend. It certainly made the whole 1.45 hours wait more bearable. The pictures taken at Changi T3 is pretty beautiful too. Upload once I get it from her ok.

So I boarded the flight worryin bout the condition. I was happy to see that things were not as bad as ppl say on the flight to Shanghai, but the fully booked flight is definitely not enjoyable. Especially with the guy sitting next to me playing Chinese Opera channel on the radio so loud that I could hear it even when I'm wearing the headset! Is he deaf or what?

The 9 hours transit went by smoothly as I have lots of dramas on my comp. Thank goodness that they have power plugs for laptop. Hehe. Watching the sunrise at the airport was marvellous as well.I drank some 'sterilized'water from the airport fearing of getting posion. My fear become reality as I have diarrhoea on the flight. I must be fair, maybe it is not. Maybe it is those hawker food from block 85. I really dunno. But i went to the toilet for like 4 times on a 12 horus flight. Argh!

On the other hand, the flight was not as bad as I thought it is. It was not full. So I get more room to move around. But there is a lady with stinky feet on my row. Luckily my nose is running else it would really have been a torture.

Now I'm hoping that my return flight would be alrigh too. Haha. But not gonna worry bout that just yet. I'm in LA. Its time to have fun!!!!!

No comments: