Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby Its Cold Outside

Yup, its cold cold weather here in LA. Rain rain rain. Couldn't believe it. The most rain they've ever got in a single day and I happened to be here. Though I'm stuck indoors it is alright as I get to chill and enjoy the weather. Hehe.

Been here for almost a week now. Went around shopping and eating. Lol. I really luv shoppin at costco. Why don't they have something like this back home? Its fun buying in bulk and having lots of room to push ur carts! No more banging into people. But it was quite crowded as compared to summetime. Looks like the recession is not that bad after all, judging from the number of shoppers I see.
Shoppin centers were very nicely decorated but too bad I forgot my camera. No worries, I will be going back to shop. Hehe. But I did manage to take photos with my favourite maple tree. Lol.
One of the Chritsmas highlight of the city is the LADPW lights festival. Its actually a display or Christmas lights along a mile of street. There is light display of places of interest like the Hollywood sign, Griffith Observatory, Stastue of Liberty, Golden Gate Bridge, etc. Luckily we decided to walk and not drive through. That helped us bypass the horrendous traffic jam. So remember, do not do the drive through! The walk in the cool weather with the display was really good though. If only I could do this more often.

The light display and decoration at Downtown Disney is definitely more impressive than the LADPW. Well, its commercial after all. Gave the me holiday mood right away. Why is Mickey and friends always this fun? Haha. Gotta visit the park itself in Christmas in the future.
Even the house near my friend's place is nicely decorated. Totally luved that snow globe and reindeer display. But I think the utilities bill will be just as appealing come January. Lol.
Meanwhile Happy Holidays........Christmas is coming. I'm so exicted!

No comments: