Friday, November 07, 2008

The Unexpected Stopover

Alright first of all let me say that this is a backdated post. Hehe. Think its like on Oct 27. Lol.

So I am officially announcing, I've been to Japan! But only to Narita. Lol. Thanks to Northwest Airlines for overbooking. They offered a one night hotel stay, inclusive of buffet meals and a travel voucher for any passengers who would give up their place on the filght. I was like the first person to sign up for that perk as I have was a little late to volunteer when Delta was overbooked back in May. That cost me a return air ticket to any US destination. Lucky that I was fast enought this time around.
But my excitement lasted only for a while when I found out that the hotel is in a far far away 'ulu' land. Meaning, not possible for me to take a train to Tokyo. Argh. And my flight is like so early the next morning. Thought of asking for an extension but since I'n outta cash, I decided to let it go.

Hotel was pretty alright nothing really wow, but definitely bigger than I expected it to be. I was so thankful that there is a bed for me to sleep on. No more trying to fall asleep on the uncomfortable plane seats.
The shuttle ride to the airport the next day was really refreshing. I feel like I've been thrown into Doraemon land. Lol. Those small little tiny roads, with houses and plantation right next to each others. Kawaiii neh. The hospitality is amazing too. I couldn't believe it when those immigration officers were all smile and bowing when they were checking us. Such a huge contrast to those sour faces we see at almost every country's immigration.

The flight on Japan Airlines was great too. I got a whole row of seat to myself. I luv the Jap food they serve. Hehe. Though we cannot choose our own movie to watch, it is alright. I prefer this to Singapore Airlines although you get better entertainment and services cos what a person really needs on a long long flight is room to strecth. This will never happen on SIA as they almost always operates on a full flight.
I officially declare that I would visit Japan someday. Even if it is supra expensive. It is worth it. The hospitality is just perfect! Truly a role model.

No comments: