Saturday, December 20, 2008

I've Found That Christmas Feel

Being unsatisfied with the lights I saw at the LA lights festival and Downtown Disney, I did a lil more research on holiday events. I’m so glad I did! The Newport Beach Boat Parade was so fun. A fireworks display would have completed the experience. Too bad that its cancelled due to the rain.

The Newport Beach Boat Parade is actually OC’s answer to LA’s version at Marina Del Ray. I dunno which one comes first actually. I will need to check the other out in the future to see which is better. But for now, I am totally impressed by what I saw on Friday night.

Lucky for me, the journey down to Newport Beach was smooth. I left my bus schedule at home! Glad that strangers I met on the way are pretty helpful and nice. Chatted with ppl at every bus stop. Why can’t ppl be as warm back home? I stopped to a bus just to ask for direction at some point. The bus driver was even nice enough to drop me to the correct bus stop. Bet I would have been shouted at if the same thing happen back home. Gosh, I’m loving OC. (Do take note that inland OC is not as ‘perfect’ as south OC ok)

So I arrived at the Balboa Island round sunset time, 5pm. Still very early for the parade at 7-8pm. But the 3 hours went pass so fast. I was too busy admiring those Christmas decoration. Apparently, they have an annual contest for the most beautifully decorated home called Ring of Lights. I spent the next 3 hours ogling at the magnificently decorated million dollars home. I did not feel touristy at all as I spotted just as many locals snapping away. Totally wanna do that to my house in the near future. But almost all of these ppl owns a yatch, so think $$$$. Haha. So here are those photos for your inspiration, maybe we can try to be at least half as tastefully lit?

My Favorite House. Its like I'm in Christmas Wonderland

The Theme of A Beary Christmas is so Fresh and Cute

Before I get to even finish checkin out the houses, the parade is about the begin. Having no idea where the route is, I just followed the crowd. Lol. The boat parade was fun. Especially those with Christmas songs playing and lively commentators. My personal Favorite was a small boat with coconut tree, the huge Christmas tree and a boat full of Candies! Photo qualities aren’t as good as the boats are moving fast. Sigh. But its all in my memories. (Actually I video them :p)

After that parade, I headed on to Fashion Island to shop. More like window shop cos I’m broke now. They closed those bus stops nearest to the parade, making me walk all the way uphill to PCH. Argh! But all those effort was well paid off as the deco there was very impressive. The huge Christmas tree is so errrrr humongous. Lol. And I get to take photo with Santa Claus! Call me kiddy, I don’t care. I’ve always wanted to do this. Haha.

Totally luv the holiday season. Not only everyone is in good mood but it is also very easy to get strangers to take photos for you. Now that I’ve found that Christmas feel, I wonder what would supersede this experience? NYC? That’ll have to be next year the earliest. Merry Christmas………Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: