Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Green is My Favourite Colour

The theme for today is green. Green is beautiful, lucky and wicked!

Just like every normal day in my LA life, i went shopping and gym. The only different is shopping is done at the nursery today and not the mall. The flowers there are so pretty. I am most attracted to this cactus plant that looks like a rose. Green and Beautiful.
The highlight of the day is actually me and my friend's decision to try out our luck in the Wicked Lottery front row tickets. We wanted to catch the show but the prices are way too steep. It cost like 90 dollars each for a good seat or 40 bucks for a seat so far behind that one can only see peanuts. The front row lottery tickets will cost only $25 dollars each. What a steal! We arrived there rather early so we decided to walk around Hollywood. I finally managed to get a shot of me and the Hollywood sign after my 3rd time here Haha.
Went back for the lottery and found out that there is only 13 pairs of ticket to be given out. Goodness, the number of people trying out for it is like more than 100. Since both of us are not really those than win lucky draws we were quite doubtful that we would get it. I was so excited as they guy started drawing the tics. He draw the first one winner and guess what? He announced my friend's name. We both could not believe it, my friend was like asking me did the person just called out his name. We did not jump up and down as they were too many ppl around. Must maintain image k. Lol. Now I'm convinced that green is my lucky colour.
Quickly walked down to the Highland Mall to have dinner. PCD was scheduled to perform there that night. The whole pink carpet and crowd there is so crazy. I did not stay to catch them perform as I did not wanna be late for my Wicked show.
The Pantages Theater is really beautiful. Architecture on the inside was simply classic and posh. It was so difficult to take pictures as there were too many ppl around.
Did not manage to take photos of me in the theater as it is apparently not allowed. I was happily snapping away when some usher yelled out 'No photography please'. Stopped right away as I do not wanna get thrown out of the theater. Especially when my friend warned that he will kill me if wasted that hard earned ticket. Lol. Here are some photos of the place before I hear that warning :p
Front row seats are simply great. They were like so close. I could even see their hand trembling. Best of all most of the solo singing was on my side. At times the performers were only 5 feet from me. Cool right. The story line was pretty refreshing too. It is actually about the witches of the Wizard of Oz. Its gave a totally new perspective of the story. I totally love the costume design. They are relevant, flamboyant, beautiful and green! No wonder they won awards for the costume. The songs are pleasant and wonderful so good that I wanna listen to them over and over again. I think I will need to search for those songs now. . The performance by the cast was simply marvelous. Totally blown away with the energetic dance and mesmerizing singing. You've gotta catch this magnificent show!

No comments: