Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Other Face of Korea

Been away so long from updating. There is absolutely too little time left after I came back from this wonderful field trip. Hence, did not update till after the ISS ended. I will try to make this fun. Just like the way that I feel after the trip. Honestly I feel so nostalgic right now. The place is super quiet. Feels so weird now.

Day 1

We set off pretty late (8.30am) as compared to those students who are goin' to China (5.00am). Was super excited about the trip as this is my first time travelling so far from Seoul. Futhermore, the thought of being able to stay in hotels with the other participants excites me to the max.

We travelled on the bus for about 3 hours before reaching Andong. Stopped by this wonderful restaurant which is also a workplace for a very amazing carpenter. He carved all sorts of figure out of the tree trunks and woods. They were so funny and adorable.



Here is what I call erm.........Well its artistic after all k. Wahaha.


Next we headed off to the Hahoe Folk Village (meaning winding river), a UNESCO world heritage site. The houses there are still of the same architechure as the olden days. What's most stunning about the place is it is still a normal residential place where people stayed in.


We managed to try out some traditional games there (enjoyed the jumping see-saw the most) and shop around for local handicrafts items. I gotten the Korean mask as a gift for my sis. Made a wish at this village too. I hope it will come true. We'll see in the very near future.


We headed off to Busan to check in the hostel at night. The Aprina Youth Hostel turned out looking more like a hotel then a hostel. Very spacious, clean and comfortable. The only bad thing it is too far away from the city. Since we cannot go out, all of us went to bed early.



Shot of Day One. I luv this pic that we found at the hallway of UNICEF exhibition. To me it symbolise how the world can support the happy children.

No comments: