Thursday, July 02, 2009

SF a Series: Playground by the Sea

I realized that despite visiting the city time after time, I somehow manage to always skip the Pacific Ocean. Perhaps I have seen too much of the ocean down in Socal. Furthermore, the temperature here is definitely not right for the beach unless ur dressed up in suits that makes one looks like a seagull. But somehow, something came over me & my friends that evening and we decided to just ride bus 38 all the way till the end of Geary.

We were greeted by sounds of the waves and definitely cold ocean breeze the moment we get off the bus. As we walk closer to the shore, we began to see stunning views of the waves crashing on the cliffs and rocks. The most appealing part however, was the Sutro Bath ruins which looked like a cool little maze.

We quickly made our descent to the ruins to get a closer look of it. It turned out that it could really be a cool little playground. Yes, it was so little that even S-sized creature like me had to squeeze my way through those small little openings to get to the inside.

We explore further into a cave but back out halfway as the sun is already gone and none of us brought a flashlight. We decided to detour upwards to catch the view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

No comments: