Thursday, July 02, 2009

SF a Series: Erasing the Past with a Light Saber

Although it really is not the crookedest street in the world, it is definitely one of the most beautiful streets in the world. Again, I am blessed with another sunny day in the city. I was glad to have Zoie’s company to hike up that very steep 2 blocks incline to the point. Should have totally taken the California Street cable car line to save us from those extra thigh exercises. But its ok, we have rooms for more food now. Haha.

The view from the top of the street is still takes my breath away like it did 2 years ago. The only difference is I am at ease this time. I just knew that I had to come back here to finally have a better feeling of the place. No stress, no rush, no anger.

As we walk downhill and up again, admiring the scenic view of the city and those tastefully decorated houses, we could not help but sympathize with dwellers along the street. Always swamp with herd of noisy tourist chattering while descending the street or those that stood in the driveway snapping their very own photo memorabilia. But still, I would take any of these houses within a heartbeat. The great view of the place will definitely take the pain away.

Earlier the day, I had the chance to visit the kinda secretive location of Lucas Film. I was lucky that Justin is an intern. Else, I would have just walked pass the Letterman Drive without noticing the beautifully landscaped garden with a Yoda fountain.

Got to tour the production office but had no luck with pictures as it is strictly prohibited. Did not get anything from the gift shop as I was never a Star Wars fan. Nevertheless, playing with the light saber is still a fun experience.

No comments: