Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Imperial Palace, Ginza, Akihabara, Tokyo Tower: This time with a nap!

I still find it amazing that we did so much today after being so tired the day before. The day didn't start off too well as it was raining when we got to the park. Almost gave up our plan of picnic at the park. Luckily it stopped and penny pincher like us decided to get food from convenient stores instead of lunching at the restaurant. There are so many office workers in their suits in the park. So cool. Everyone looks the same from behind. Lol. The park was such a relaxing place to eat. By now, both of us are already addicted to milk tea in a bottle. Haha

Took some photos around the park. Can I say that I hate the fountain? It died on me the moment I had my picture taken Argh.

We then took a stroll to the Imperial Palace. Man it is so huge! We wanted to go to the east gardens we walked the wrong way. Thanks to me too busy taking photos. Haha. But its alright we manage to see the palace from the other side. It is only open to the public twice a year so we did not get to go in.Decided to check out the National Diet Building as well. Forgot our passports so did not manage to get inside. Oh well.

We head on to Ginza. Thinking of shopping around. There is so many departmental stores there. And mind u the price of things there are very, I mean very high!

We checked out the overhyped Sony Showroom and House of Shesheido. There is really nothing much here. Thank goodness its free, else I would have slapped myself for paying to get it. The spring bun tasting was the only thing that I really liked bout Ginza. Those buns are so tasty! The texture are just perfect. Fresh and soft.

We decided to head back to the hotel for a nap after the grave mistake of not doin so the day before. Turns out to be a wise decision indeed.

Checked out Akihabara the Electric Town at night. Guess we got up a lil too late cos most the shops are closing by the time we get there. But its ok as we are not intending to get any electrical gadgets anyway. The whole place reminds me of Mongkok in Hong Kong. Guess the place is also evolving into a Otaku heaven as the number of manga shop and cosplay cafe there seems to be rivaling those electric shop. Maybe in 5 yrs time it will be called Akihabara the Otaku Town. Haha.

Since we're still fresh from the nap, and Akihabara is closing, we headed off to Tokyo Tower. Had to walk more to get rid of the food we ate. The Takoyaki and Crepe we got at Akihabara tasted really bad, couldn't even finish it. Anyway, we did not head up the tower as the price is a lil expensive. Decided to just walk around it and leave.
On our way back, we stumble upon a temple for the unborn child. I totally freak out at his request to go explore the place. It was dark and no one is around. I stayed outside as he explored. But in the end, my urge to take photograph overcame my fear. Lol. So i joined him to explore and we took some pictures of the statue. Each statue represents and unborn child.

So that's the end of another day in Tokyo. We're heading out of town tomorrow. Hehe!

No comments: