Saturday, March 21, 2009

From the New to the Old

Had to move from Shinjuku to Ueno today as the hotel we're staying in is fully booked. Shinjuku is like the modern Tokyo with skyscrapers and all. Ueno on the other hand is the older side. Could totally see the difference once we got off the subway. Left our luggage before rushing off to explore the older face of Tokyo.

Our main itinerary today is to just buy lots and lots of souvenirs along the Asakusa Kanon Temple. It is so crowded there. I guess almost everyone there are tourists. Haha. Could hardly walk around the place. I enjoyed the atmosphere although getting a nice shot of the place seemed so impossible. We were stuck along the street for so long. I find myself joining in the craze as things there are cheap and affordable for me. Lol

The Temple itself is very different from the Meiji Shrine. It is all crowded and noisy. Thanks to the publicity of the place. And it is soooo smoky too thanks to all the incense. I had tired out the fortune telling thing via the stick and phew, it says good thing bout my future. Haha.

The whole place is a very good tourist place as they also have lots and lots of food stalls with public seating area. I had my usual takoyaki and tried out the red plum in sugar coating. I ended up throwing the sugar coating away, too sweet. Luved the plum though. John also have some problem wif his sweet potato. Haha. It is tasteless. Perhaps I should have gave him the sugar coating. Lol. Oh and the takoyaki they sell is so cute! They use the small octopus with the tentacles making it looked like an art piece.

After all those adventure, we headed straight back to the hotel for a nap. Totally luv the bathroom concept. Its a really smart way of saving space and it looked classy too. Definitely more stylish than the previous one we stayed in.

Spent the rest of the night revisitng places in Harajuku and Shinjuku. Went back to the restaurant at Shinjuku where we ordered take out on the first night here in Tokyo. The fantastic tasting gyoza tasted as good as the 1st night here. No wonder this restaurant is always full with people. This is the last night of my vacation already? Argh, I dun want this to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: