Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Race Day

Went to the Shatin race course to see a horse race. Initially planned to head off to Happy Valley at night but they actually have no race this Wed. Tough luck. The race course was pretty impressive at first sight. Each of the crowd there has a 'ma king' (info on horse betting published on papers) with them. The horse racing ground is so much more modern that what I've expected.


Me & Kit decided to try out our luck and bet on some horses. I realise that I am so bad at this. We do not even know how to fill up the betting ticket.


We headed off the the air-conditioned ticket counter as it is more comfortable. To our horror, we found out that it is only for bets of 1000HKD and above. We were gonna buy 10HKD bet. Wahaha. It is so hilarious. The race was kinda exciting seeing how the horses which was quite behind suddenly race to the first place. I now know why those ppl get heart attack from this kinda betting.



I went to check out the museums around East Tsim Tsa Chui area later that evening as Kit need to go off for a tuition. Wednesday is a good day to visit the museums in HK as most of them have free admission. Checked out the HK Museum of History. Luved the setting of old HK in the museum. Its like so real and detailed. I feel like I am really back in those olden days. I'll let the picture do the talking.



Next up is the Museum of Science. A really good place for kids or adults who wanna have fun! I kinda hesitated goin in as science museum = boredome to me. I was wrong this time. The world of mirrors and optical illusion gallery was really intersting. They have all sorts of mirrors. I luved those with Vanishing trick and Twins the most. I want a twin bro!


Took another walk around Avenue of Stars. Get to see it less crowded side. Played around with my hp camera a little. The skyline still seem so marvellous after a 3rd consecutive day of viewing it. If you have yet to notice, this post has really small pictures with bad resolution. Thanks to my stupid camera batt that died on me right from the start of my day. But since the photos here are so small, it does not make a diff anyway. :p


Headed off to Mongkok that night to meet up with Jeff, another exchange friend i met in UofC. Walked around a little and tried out the octopus and beef brisket. Yummy. Kinda have no mood to shop yet despite those huge amount of shops there. Hmmmm. This is so not me. Haha.


Kit joined us again later that night for a dinner at Temple St. Its kinda small and not really special. My impression of it being a street with lots of fotune teller and roadside stalls was totally wrong. Guess it has changed over the years.

We got into a really funny situation during dinner that night. The owner changed out table without even askin us. Haha. Guess this culture never really changed. We were on this little table about to have our meal when the owner stormed toward out table and moved our food to the table next to us where another 3 ppl are seating. The then keep sayin come come to another group of guest. Kit was totally dumbstrucked with a great big O shape in her mouth. I was like that was fast, I did not even have a second to think.


Headed off to the arcade for a couple of games. Hitting the drums was kinda fun. Really enjoyed the games there.


Ended off the night abruptly with a dessert session at 'Hui Lau Shan' again. Had a bitter chinese herbal tea before that to counter the heatiness of mango as they are giving me sore throat. Argh. The cab ride back is very pleasant. Kinda really enjoyed the scenery of neverending tall buildings around me with the sea on the other side. I am begining to like this city a lot.

No comments: