Monday, December 24, 2007

The Great Expectations

Friends whu have been here keep tellin' me about how nice the food and place in HK is. Hence, I really have high expectations on it. The day started off with a visit to the 55 floor of the IFC building with Alanis. And its free. But its photos quality are kinda bad due to the glass. Guess I will head up to The Peak another day to compensate for this.

Next up we did a little walk around the town. The uneven stairs are Pottinger Street are such a beauty. Checked out some buildings around central such as the police station and arts center. I couldn't help but appreciate those huge number of escalators that they built. Making it so effortless to go uphill to the mid-level. San Fran needs these instead of the trams. We also went searchin all over for some gas lamps. which I tot we got it wrong but took photos anyway. (Later the night, I went to check the site and found out that it was actually the right one. Haha. Blur me.)


Alanis left later that day as she left me in Ray's care. A switch of tour guide. Wahaha. Went on to check out those high-rise building and more architechure before heading off to the harbour. At 2.2HKD, the ferry ride is a must do. Furthermore, the nice scenery while crossing to the other side is a bonus. Chritsmas deco at thre harbour mall is quite good too.

Seeing HK Island from Tsim Tsa Chui is simply magnificent! My friend keep metionin about how the HK skyline look much better at night then in the mornin. I couldn't help but support his notion 100%. We did not stay for the light symphony as we wanted to go elsewhere to grab a bite.


To further complete our usage of the not so common public transportation, we took the tram which they call the 'ding ding' due to the sound it makes. Causeway Bay is kinda crowded and is a stark difference from the businees district. I kinda like it better there. The crowd and the atmosphere is kinda cool. Tried out the cart noodle. So called a lower end food. I totally like it. Maybe I am lower end after all. Shit.


Winter joined us around 10 after studyin for her test. All the best ya! Did more walkin as we waited for the countdown. Apparently, this is the most disastrous countdown that I ever had. Basically, there wasn't even a 10, 9, 8 .......... blah blah. Worse still at 12, the light decorations at time square went off. We were like totally wtf.......


To overcome our disappointment, we went off to Lan Kwai Fong to cacth the vibrant christmas atmosphere. That's the end to this first official day of sightseeing in HK. Minus the countdown, it has certainly live up to my expectation.

Merry Christmas folks!

No comments: