Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Korean Language

Woke up round eleven today. Went outside to grab lunch with Teresa. Had a really hard time tryin to get food. I couldn't read a single word in Korean. My limited spoken Korean made the matter worse. I lost count how many gestures I used tryin to get just a sandwich and juice for brekafast. I ended up with vege in my sandwich and Banana juice. Stuff that i really hate. Argh. The sandwich tasted good after the discarded the veg though.

Tried to get Suz to go shoppin with me but failed. Irritating. Found out later at night that the batt was low and she was sick. Alright I forgive you. But u owe me a shoppin' trip. Keke.

Decided to join a group of people from the Summer school to shop. However, they all went out already. Poor me have to try to get to the station to meet them. Is about an hour away and I needed to find my way there using Korean signs. Buyin the transportation card was damn funny. The lady in the store was pointin all over the place as I gave a blank look when she tried to explain something to me.


When I finally reached the shoppin area. I realised how crowded it was. The most crowded I've ever seen so far in a normal day. Its like people are gathering to see fireworks on New Year's Eve.


We headed off to the peak of Seoul, Namsan Mountain. The air is so much cooler up there. Did not went up the obsevatory as it cost 8000won (about 8 USD). Been to enough tower from my trip in Canada.

The group photo up there reminds of those time in Calgary. But these photos are now just photos of smiley faces. It lacked the bond, laugther, happiness, tears and hardship and time spent together in Calgary. I still cannot understand why I cannot get over it. Perhaps it is really the best time that I ever had in life. Calgary, I miss you.



An unfinished clip on the last few weeks in Calgary. I miss spending time with all of you guys, my dear friends. I have not gotten over the life there after all this while. Perhaps it is really the best time in my life.

No comments: