Monday, December 11, 2006

The Homecoming

Been busy packing up for home. Because of my inefficiency, I actually had to miss out on some fun outing with friends including K-box, makan at Newton and boardgames session. Sigh. What to do, I came from a small town. Need to keep on unpackin' and packin' everytime I go home. But hey,I'm going home to my beloved family. Its worth the trouble.

I really do not know whether its a blessin' or a curse. Growing up in such a small town has always make me wanna see the world. Believing that there is something more out there. It makes me really adventurous. But as I make my journey out to the unkonwn, the more I realise that probably home is where I really wanna be. Small talks at coffee shop, dinner at home, festive seasons spent visiting relatives and weekends at church and supermarkets (Yes we do not have shopping centers back home. Just shophouses). It might be boring but it gives me a feeling that I still yet to find elsewhere.

On the 1st day of next year, I'll be heading to Calgary, Canada for my exchange. Will be the first time I get to see snow. Somehow I'm not too keen on going right now. It'll put my family in financial burden. But yet, it is all planned out and I'm too timid to make a change.

I'm pretty torn. A part of me says stop searchin' for home is where the heart is. Somehow I'm just too tired to run around looking for something that I dun even know. But another part of me is not satisfied, I want to find my paradise. But time after time I failed and this flame in me is slowly burning out. Will this time be different? Will this be the first time i choose to take the road less travelled by? Will take the time at home to think over this issue.


Will not be updating for a while as there is no internet connection back home.

No comments: