Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Off to the lighthouse....

Decided to head out of town for a little bus riding and book reading day. Took the Bart and then 2 different buses to arrive at Montara. The place is extremely foggy that day. I could totally picture such a setting for The Famous Five adventure series. Since my arrival is way before the check-in time, I quickly ran to the edge of the cliff and jump down to the sea for a quick refreshing swim. Alright that is a lie. Lol. All I did was sat and enjoy the wonderful sound of the waves hitting the rocks along with the very mysterious look of the fog engulfing the Californian coast.
The lighthouse however was kinda disappointing as it was ten thousand times smaller then I thought it would be. I somehow felt like I am thrown into a retirement home as all other occupants were way past 50. It was still a great experience as I get to listen to well embellished stories of their younger days.
Note: Buy your own food at the Linda Mar transit center before heading here. Else you would be walking 20 over minutes in the dark to get food from the nearest grocery store.

No comments: