Tuesday, November 04, 2008

San Francisco Once More

How could I leave the country without revisiting my favourite city. Haha. So I made my way back to SF once more. It was another short weekend trip. I hope in the future I get to spend more than just the weekend here. How about spending a lifetime? Lol.

This post is a recap of the last weekend in the US back in October. Totally miss the time spent eating and chilling out and of course clubbing. Even if its just revisiting all my fav places with nothing new to explore, the whole city still appeal to me.

We stayed in the Tenderloin district this time around. A very seedy area. But it is alright as our friend has a car to take us around. Hehe. The hotel turns out to be a very nice little cosy boutique hotel. Totally an opposite from the scary lookin Tenderloin. The location was very good though as we get lots of cheap delicious food just a block away. The view of the city from the top level is kinda cool too. Too bad we did not discover it at night. Could have seen the city lights.
The highlight of the trip would be the annual Soap Box event. The crowd there is just humongous. We need to watch the whole thing on big screen TV. People are even climbing on trees, chairs and roof just to catch a glimpse of the whole thing. Lol.
It is held at the Dolores Park, my fav park in SF. Basically the competition is to see which vehicle (which is actually built form cardbox) race down the hill fastest. Due to the steepness of the hills, you bet those cardboxes really kinda flew down the hill. Most of them will not even make it to the finish line as they crash into the barriers. Lol. Which explains why there is another price on popular votes.
The designs of the cardboxes are really cute!. I totally luv them. Haha. Especially the pink donut and the one with the SF skyline.

Went to Oakland that day as well, just to see some native American Indian exhibition. The feathers and clothing were very beautiful. The fatty fried bread tasty good too. However, being the me that can never appreciate traditional things, I got really bored at the dances and ceremonial things. Haha.
Ended the trip with a movie at the Kabuki theater. You get a little table next to your seat for your dishes. Yes, they serve food like pizza and pasta. Isn't it cool?
I have something to declare.Virgin America rocks my ass! I totally luv the Virgin America fleet. The whole design is so beautiful! White posh looking seats with purple and pink lightings. Hehe. Best thing is they have personal inflight entertainment screen for TV, games and chatting. And they are acutally considered a budget airline. Shame on all those major airlines that charge high prices and never offer such amenities. Double boo to those long haul ones especially. You guys sucks.
Guess that's the last trip of my months long graduation W&T trip to the USA. Looking forward to spending Christmas in the US man. Haha.

No comments: