Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Out of the Haze into the Mountains

The day started super early. 7am OMG! Everyone was like super half asleep. The itinerary was super long today. So many places to visit. I really doubt that we can do it all in time. Lucky that we have a lot of drivers on stand by.

Wonderful morning sky

Visited the Yosemite Falls. Not much water left at the falls as it is already summer. It was like spraying tiny droplets of water down. The walk in the woods to the falls was really refreshing. Although it was hazy outside, the trees really did absorbed all those smoke. This time around I passed on climbing all the way up to the falls. Left the rest to do it. Too lazy to do a detour as I went up the short cut which apparently cut short my hike due to a huge rock blocking the way.
Isn't the water amazingly clear?

Stopped by Yosemite Village for lunch a before heading off to the Toulene Meadows. This place turned out to be my favorite stop. Its really beautiful. Green green grass, bright blue sky, clean clear river with lots of wlidflowers around. Really seems like I'm in those gardens in movies.

Reminds me of some ads in magazines

The beautiful day does not stop there are we move on the Olmsted Point. The view from the vista point is simply enchanting. Borrowed the graduation gown from Alex to take photo there. Lol. Almost everybody did that. So guess i can say I went through my commencement here at Yosemite National Park. Haha.

We finally reached our pit stop at a ski resort at Mammoth Mountain. The elevation was so high that I feel so chilly. As we entered the house, we were greeted by the sight of the wonderful hotel. It is really like a vacation house. Complete with a living room, dinning room, kitchen, 3 full baths, 2 bedrooms and a cute attic with 4 beds. Could really have a party there in the room man. Feel like I wanna stay here for the rest of the Vacation man.

Goldilocks and the 3 Bears?

No comments: