Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Song That Explains

As I watch another episode of American Idol (ok I know some of u hates it, but its not the show that I gonna talk about in this entry k? Hehe) I couldn't help but relate to the song I am.....I said. Speaks exactly of my feeling ever since I left home 6 years ago. Its wonder how beautifully the song is written. Glad to know that I am not alone in this feeling.

I think just by changing the lyrics from LA to Singapore and NYC to Sandakan. Here's part of the lyrics that really touched me.

Well, I'm New York City born and raised
But nowadays, I'm lost between two shores
LA's fine, but it ain't home
New York's home but it ain't mine no more


I am, I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair
I am, I cried
I am, said I
And I am lost, and I can't even say why
Leavin' me lonely still

But I got an emptiness deep inside
And I've tried but it won't let me go
And I'm not a man who likes to swear
But I've never cared for the sound of being alone

The song is now officially on my favourite list from now on.

No comments: