Friday, October 03, 2008

Mission Learn Arts

Gosh I cannot believe that I don't even know Van Gough. Argh! Felt so dumb when they put me on camera and asked me to describe the pics. Guess the visit to Getty Center did not really help. Sigh. My own fault as I was too caught up with taking pics :p Should have pay more attention to the paintings.

Anyway, I visited Getty Center on a cool fine day. The past 2 days was like 37 degrees here in LA. Almost killed me. The house felt like a huge toaster. So when we finally get a cooler day, its definitely time to head out and explore. The traffic on the freeway is sure scary. Felt guilty for making my friend stuck in such a huge condition. I seriously need to learn to 'jump' from one place to another.
Parking at the place is sure expensive. $10 bucks! A tram took us up to the hill where the museum is situated. Got to see lots of mansions around the area. My friend even pointed out Magic Johnson's house. Its so huge! The view of LA from here is only so-so due to the heavy smog.

Upon reaching the place, we wasted no time and quickly checked out the place. The architecture of the place is magnificent. The whole indoor exhibit place is almost entirely illuminated by natural light. Such a brilliant idea. They also used only one type of stone: Travetine, which they got all the way from Italy, I heard and they are fossilized. Haha. Funny how ppl actually try to fossilize new things. The finishing touch was amazingly beautiful though.
Did not take any pics of the exhibits as I saw some ppl being warned about taking pics of the paitings. Ooopss. So we took photos only of the architecture and sculptures.
The garden downstairs is in the shape of a maze. Walking down to the garden makes me dizzy. We have to keep on turning round and round to get there. Faints. Not really impressed by the plants there. They do have a huge variety of plant species but the layout is simply too cramped for me.
Oh and here is my favourite exhibit of the place. Lol

No comments: