Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The 'Chu Pa Bao' Craze

Macau or Macao, I have always have problem spelling it. Haha. Set off for the ferry terminal early morning. 'Thanks' to Kit for booking the ticket so early. I was so absent minded that I left my shirt at Alanis's place. Thanks to her for bringing it to the terminal for me. (The absent mindedness does not end there as I found out that I left my Sim card there too. But only after I reach home in Sabah. OMG!) Had a breakfast on the ferry before sleepin' throughout the ferry ride. Too tired to even look out of the window to enjoy the scenery.

Upon reaching the terminal, we were so hungry! So we quickly looked for our hotel shuttle as the famous 'Chu Pa Bao' (pork chop bun) is on Taipa Island and not Macau Island. To our horror, we crossed the street and back a few times before finding the small little bus. It was so tiring dragging the luggage up and down. Argh. The hotel was just normal. Nothing grand. Hence no photos taken. Haha. We wasted no time and went straight to the famous Chu Pa Bao place. It was marvellous. And look how big piece the pork chop is. Haha.


Took a the nap that I deserve back in the hotel. Guess I have not yet recover from the late nights in HK. After recharging, we headed off for dinner only to find ourselves eating pork chop bun again. Haha. This one was less delicious. But still, the salmon fried rice and yin yang is great!


We took a bus to Venetian next, only to find out that it is within walkable distance. Haha. Super dumb! Venetian was very much like Vegas, except that it was much much bigger. Such a stark difference from the real Venice that I've been too. Haha. Waters are crystal clear, if only it was like that in Venice, I would have jumped in for a swim. Took a lot of pics of the place. Finally, it felt like a holiday again.


We headed back to the hotel via very quiet and scary roads. Gotta sleep early to prepare for a long day of sightseeing tomolo. But that's after having another supper. And guess what? Yes, we had chu pa again! Haha. And the conclusion is Tai Lee serves the best Chu Pa Bao.

No comments: